Teachers, principals, and other educators are hungry for good, solid information about how they can be more successful with the kids they have. With stories, photos, and videos, I share the expertise I have found in what I have called "It's Being Done" schools.
RECENT SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS:
Recent Speaking Engagements
- ResearchED Philly (October 27, 2018)
- Riverside County Equity Conference (September 20, 2018)
- Education Trust West Equity Conference (September 13, 2018)
- Scottish College for Educational Leadership, November 5, 2016 (Stirling, Scotland)
- Association of Headteachers and Deputies in Scotland November 4, 2016 (Dunblane, Scotland)
- National Title I Conference, January 29, 2016 (Houston, Texas)
- Learning Forward National Conference, December 5, 2015 (National Harbor, Maryland)
- Delaware Executive Leadership Academy, December 3, 2015 (Dover, Delaware).
- Association of Directors of Education in Scotland, November 20, 2015 (By WebEx).
- Advancing Improvement in Education Conference, November 16, 2015 (San Antonio, Texas). In Texas, Molly Bensinger-Lacy and I provided a four-and-a-half hour workshop to 1,400 educators from across Texas. (See HOW It's Being Done and Getting It Done for information about Molly.)
- American Federation of Teachers TEACH conference, July 13, 2015 (Washington, D.C.).
- ResearchED New York, May 2, 2015 (New York, N.Y.).
- National Title I Conference, February 5, 2015 (Salt Lake City, Utah).
- Professional Development, Academic Recovery Liaisons, August 19, 2014 (Harrisburg, Pa.).
- SURN Network, College of William and Mary School of Education: June 24, 2014 (Williamsburg, Va.).
- Oklahoma's Vision 2020: July 17, 2014 (Oklahoma City).
What People Are Saying:
"Feedback has been very positive and while I am sure we could find lots of similar examples of unexpected schools in Scotland I am unaware of anyone who has done the work in the way that you have. The key messages therefore carried considerable authority and have given us much food for thought."
--John Christie, ADES, Scotland
"[Y]our presentation, balanced with discussion from the group, was on target, extremely well done and well received."
--Stephen Hamilton, Director of District and School Services, Learning Innovations at WestEd
"It was such a pleasure to meet you and to hear you speak last week. The information you shared about the need for systemic changes, the critical points of school leadership, and being respectfully relentless in our work, are ideas I have thought about all week. I continue to read your books and look forward to your articles giving continual insight about schools and leadership today. Thank you so much for taking the time to come to Oklahoma to speak and listen to educators."
--Mary Dahlgren National Literacy Consultant, President and CEO Tools 4 Reading
"Thank you for the contribution you made to the learning of all of us who experienced the heart, mind, and soul presentations you delivered at the LAP conference. There is NO ONE that had anything less than extraordinarily positive feedback!!! I had high expectations in advance of the actual "gift" you gave us, but you blew the top off of those expectations."
-- Larry Leverett, Panasonic Foundation
“Your contribution to our principal conference in both key note and workshop form was informative and inspiring as we continue to fine tune our work on the strategies that really make a difference for student outcomes in schools”
-- Anthony Gooden, Regional Network Leader from Hume Region, Victoria, Australia